// Palazzo Residence
Custom design single family home with 7,800 Sq.Ft. of construction located in Mission, TX.
One of the project main design challenges was the property adjacency to the existing security shack. We soon realized it was imperative to angle the house in relation to the street to facilitate in-and-out circulation with a landscape island and a cantilever canopy entrance.
The owners also requested sleeping quarters to be completely isolated from social areas for security and privacy reasons.
1. Ultra insulated home with open foam insulation on attic and exterior walls. In addition, a 2" thick aerated concrete panel was used on the exterior wall assembly
2. Double pane windows with U-value above Code
3. Concrete paving reducing heat island effect and storm water runoff
4. Drip irrigation
5. White thermoplastic roofing membrane finish
6. Low flow plumbing fixtures
7. LED lights